Geological Sciences Minor
Department of Earth, Marine, and Environmental Sciences
Murray and Mitchell Halls
Students majoring in another department may elect to pursue completion of a minor in geology.
- Geological Sciences Major, B.A.–Earth Science
- Geological Sciences Major, B.S.–Earth Science
- Geological Sciences Major, B.S.–Environmental Geoscience
In addition to the program requirements listed below, students must:
- take at least nine hours of their minor "core" requirements at UNC–Chapel Hill
- earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.000 in the minor core requirements. Some programs may require higher standards for minor or specific courses.
For more information, please consult the degree requirements section of the catalog.
|Four GEOL courses 1||12|
Only one course may be numbered less than 200.
Geological Sciences (GEOL) course descriptions.
See the program page here for special opportunities.