The University Libraries
The University Libraries are your intellectual and creative partners at Carolina. Library collections, spaces, resources, and expertise can advance your vision and help you achieve your learning, teaching, clinical, expressive, and engagement goals.
With nearly 10 million print and electronic volumes, thousands of journal titles, expansive archives, rich data sets, and much more, the University Libraries provide one of the most important library collections in the South. Collections cover every discipline taught at the University.
You may use and visit any location in the University Libraries system. Your OneCard is your library card and your ONYEN is your key to unlocking online resources when you are not on campus.
Among services of particular interest to graduate students are the following:
- Liaison librarians – Subject-specialist librarians are your guide to research and collections in your field. Reach out to a liaison librarian for a library overview, research questions, collection inquiries, and teaching information skills.
- Digital research and data services – Integrate GIS, mapping, data analysis, 3D printing, making, and more into your research or teaching.
- Interlibrary loan – The University Libraries will gladly obtain articles and books for you from other libraries when they are not part of the collections here.
- Media and Design Center – Borrow equipment, screen a film, and add multimedia assignments to class projects.
- Carrels – A limited number of graduate carrels is available in Davis Library, with priority being given to Ph.D. candidates writing dissertations.