Exercise and Sport Science Minor
Department of Exercise and Sport Science
209 Fetzer Hall, CB# 8700
Darin A. Padua, Chair
Meredith Petschauer, Director of Undergraduate Studies
Exercise and sport science examines the physics, physiology, and psychology of sport and exercise; the recognition and treatment of athletic injuries; and the administration of athletics.
- Exercise and Sport Science Major, B.A.–General
- Exercise and Sport Science Major, B.A.–Fitness Professional
- Exercise and Sport Science Major, B.A.–Sport Administration
In addition to the program requirements listed below, students must:
- take at least nine hours of their minor "core" requirements at UNC–Chapel Hill
- earn a minimum of 12 hours of C or better in the minor (some minors require more)
For more information, please consult the degree requirements section of the catalog.
|Five courses chosen from:||15|
|Physical Activity in Contemporary Society|
|Sport and Exercise Psychology|
|Emergency Care of Athletic Injuries and Illnesses 1|
|Sports Nutrition 1|
|Physiological Basis of Human Performance 1|
|Neuromuscular Control and Learning 1|
|Biomechanics of Sport 1|
|Theory and Application of Strength Training and Conditioning for Fitness Professionals 1|
|Principles of Biology|
and Introductory Biology Laboratory H
Honors version available. An honors course fulfills the same requirements as the nonhonors version of that course. Enrollment and GPA restrictions may apply.
Please note that some EXSS courses require prerequisites.
See the program page here for special opportunities.