Exercise and Sport Science Minor
Exercise and sport science examines the anatomy, physics, physiology, and psychology of sport and exercise. The minor offers a more brief look into the opportunities for careers in exercise and sport.
In addition to the program requirements listed below, students must:
- take at least nine hours of their minor "core" requirements at UNC–Chapel Hill
- earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.000 in the minor core requirements. Some programs may require higher standards for minor or specific courses.
For more information, please consult the degree requirements section of the catalog.
|Five courses chosen from:||15|
|Physical Activity in Contemporary Society|
|Sport and Exercise Psychology|
|Fundamentals of Sports Medicine 1|
or EXSS 288
|Emergency Care of Athletic Injuries and Illnesses|
|Sports Nutrition 1|
|Physiological Basis of Human Performance 1|
|Neuromuscular Control and Learning 1|
|Biomechanics of Sport 1|
|Theory and Application of Strength Training and Conditioning for Fitness Professionals 1|
| Principles of Biology|
and Introductory Biology Laboratory H, F
Honors version available. An honors course fulfills the same requirements as the nonhonors version of that course. Enrollment and GPA restrictions may apply.
FY-Launch class sections may be available. A FY-Launch section fulfills the same requirements as a standard section of that course, but also fulfills the FY-SEMINAR/FY-LAUNCH First-Year Foundations requirement. Students can search for FY-Launch sections in ConnectCarolina using the FY-LAUNCH attribute.
Please note that some EXSS courses require prerequisites.
See the program page here for special opportunities.
- Exercise and Sport Science Major, B.A.–General
- Exercise and Sport Science Major, B.A.–Fitness Professional
- Exercise and Sport Science Major, B.A.–Sport Administration