Hispanic Studies Minor
Department of Romance Studies
238 Dey Hall, CB# 3170
The minor in Hispanic studies is designed for those who wish to continue their study of the Spanish language and acquire a more in-depth knowledge of Spanish and/or Spanish American literature, culture, or linguistics. Through the selection of courses students may choose to concentrate on a single region of the Hispanic world (Spain or Spanish America), a specific content area (literature, culture, or linguistics), or a combination of regions and/or content areas.
- Romance Languages Major, B.A.–French and Francophone Studies
- Romance Languages Major, B.A.–Italian
- Romance Languages Major, B.A.–Portuguese
- Romance Languages Major, B.A.–Hispanic Literatures and Cultures
- Romance Languages Major, B.A.–Hispanic Linguistics
- French Minor
- Italian Minor
- Portuguese Minor
- Hispanic Studies Minor
- Spanish Minor for the Professions
In addition to the program requirements listed below, students must:
- take at least nine hours of their minor course requirements at UNC–Chapel Hill
- earn a minimum of 12 hours of C or better in the minor (some minors require more)
For more information, please consult the degree requirements section of the catalog.
|SPAN 300||Spanish Composition and Grammar Review H||3|
|or SPAN 301||Introduction to Literary and Cultural Analysis|
|or SPAN 302||Literary and Cultural Analysis for Heritage Learners|
|Four courses numbered above SPAN 330, excluding SPAN 401, SPAN 402, SPAN 404, SPAN 405, and SPAN 601||12|
|SPAN 261||Advanced Spanish in Context||3|
|or SPAN 267||Advanced Spanish in Context for Heritage Learners|
Honors version available. An honors course fulfills the same requirements as the nonhonors version of that course. Enrollment and GPA restrictions may apply.
Spanish (SPAN) course descriptions.
See the program page here for special opportunities.