Department of Romance Studies
238 Dey Hall, CB# 3170
The Department of Romance Studies is a diverse, multicultural, and plurilingual academic unit that engages in research and instruction in French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, and the historical minority languages of Europe and the Americas.
Students unable to undertake a full eight-course French program may register for the French minor. This option also is available to students in some professional schools.
- Romance Languages Major, B.A.–French and Francophone Studies
- Romance Languages Major, B.A.–Italian
- Romance Languages Major, B.A.–Portuguese
- Romance Languages Major, B.A.–Hispanic Literatures and Cultures
- Romance Languages Major, B.A.–Hispanic Linguistics
- French Minor
- Italian Minor
- Portuguese Minor
- Hispanic Studies Minor
- Spanish for the Professions Minor
In addition to the program requirements listed below, students must:
- take at least 9 credits of their minor course requirements at UNC–Chapel Hill
- earn a minimum of 12 hours of C or better in the minor (some minors require more)
For more information, please consult the degree requirements section of the catalog.
|Four additional FREN courses numbered above FREN 275, excluding FREN 308, FREN 401, FREN 402, FREN 601||12|
French (FREN) course descriptions.
See program page here for special opportunities.