Department of Romance Studies
238 Dey Hall, CB# 3170
The program in Portuguese combines the study of the language, culture, and literatures of Brazil and Portugal. Emphasis is placed on the language as it is currently spoken and its historical development. Students study the literatures of Brazil and Portugal in terms of their historical development and analyze specific texts from different genres and literary periods. Students interested in Portuguese should consult the Portuguese language advisor.
- Romance Languages Major, B.A.–French and Francophone Studies
- Romance Languages Major, B.A.–Italian
- Romance Languages Major, B.A.–Portuguese
- Romance Languages Major, B.A.–Hispanic Literatures and Cultures
- Romance Languages Major, B.A.–Hispanic Linguistics
- French Minor
- Italian Minor
- Portuguese Minor
- Hispanic Studies Minor
- Spanish for the Professions Minor
In addition to the program requirements listed below, students must:
- take at least 9 credits of their minor course requirements at UNC–Chapel Hill
- earn a minimum of 12 hours of C or better in the minor (some minors require more)
For more information, please consult the degree requirements section of the catalog.
|PORT 310||Intensive Oral Communication in Portuguese||3|
|Four additional PORT courses numbered between PORT 300 and PORT 699, excluding PORT 401, PORT 402, PORT 691H, and PORT 692H||12|
Portuguese (PORT) course descriptions.
See program page here for special opportunities.