Recreation Administration Minor
Department of Exercise and Sport Science
209 Fetzer Hall, CB# 8700
The minor in recreation administration provides students with a basic understanding of how recreation and leisure contributes to the overall health of individuals and societies. The minor will help students develop the basic skills needed to lead healthy lives, and to conceptualize, plan, lead, and administer recreation services for all citizens.
- Exercise and Sport Science Major, B.A.–General
- Exercise and Sport Science Major, B.A.–Athletic Training
- Exercise and Sport Science Major, B.A.–Fitness Professional
- Exercise and Sport Science Major, B.A.–Sport Administration
In addition to the program requirements listed below, students must:
- take at least 9 credits of their minor course requirements at UNC–Chapel Hill
- earn a minimum of 12 hours of C or better in the minor (some minors require more)
For more information, please consult the degree requirements section of the catalog.
The minor consists of five required courses:
|EXSS 221||Introduction to Sport and Recreation Administration||3|
|RECR 311||Recreation and Leisure in Society||3|
|RECR 420||Program Planning in Recreation Services||3|
|RECR 430||Introduction to Leadership and Group Dynamics||3|
|RECR 475||Disability, Culture, and Therapeutic Recreation||3|
See program page here for special opportunities.