Geological Sciences Minor
Department of Geological Sciences
104 South Road, Mitchell Hall, CB# 3315
Students majoring in another department may elect to pursue completion of a minor in geology.
- Geological Sciences Major, B.A.–Earth Systems Concentration
- Geological Sciences Major, B.S.–Earth Science Concentration
- Geological Sciences Major, B.S.–Environmental Geology Concentration
- Geological Sciences Major, B.S.–Geochemistry Concentration
- Geological Sciences Major, B.S.–Geophysics Concentration
- Geological Sciences Major, B.S.–Paleobiology Concentration
In addition to the program requirements listed below, students must:
- take at least 9 credits of their minor course requirements at UNC–Chapel Hill
- earn a minimum of 12 hours of C or better in the minor (some minors require more)
For more information, please consult the degree requirements section of the catalog.
The undergraduate minor in geology consists of the following four courses (minimum of 12 semester hours).
|One of the following introductory courses 1||3|
|The Marine Environment|
|Earth, Climate, and Life through Time|
|Earth and Climate for Science Majors|
|At least three geology courses numbered above GEOL 110||9|
Geological Sciences (GEOL) course descriptions.
See program page here for special opportunities.