Coaching Education Minor
Department of Exercise and Sport Science
209 Fetzer Hall, CB# 8700
Coaching education minors have the opportunity to gain both theoretical and practical knowledge regarding psychological, physiological, pedagogical, philosophical, and management aspects of coaching.
- Exercise and Sport Science Major, B.A.–General
- Exercise and Sport Science Major, B.A.–Athletic Training
- Exercise and Sport Science Major, B.A.–Fitness Professional
- Exercise and Sport Science Major, B.A.–Sport Administration
In addition to the program requirements listed below, students must:
- take at least 9 credits of their minor course requirements at UNC–Chapel Hill
- earn a minimum of 12 hours of C or better in the minor (some minors require more)
For more information, please consult the degree requirements section of the catalog.
The minor in coaching education is by approval only and consists of five courses, distributed as follows:
|EXSS 205||Analysis of Sport Skills I||3|
|or EXSS 206||Analysis of Sport Skills II|
|EXSS 207||Coaching Principles||3|
|EXSS 288||Emergency Care of Athletic Injuries and Illnesses||3|
|Sport and Exercise Psychology|
|Adapted Physical Education|
|Introduction to Sport and Recreation Administration|
|Physiological Basis of Human Performance|
|Neuromuscular Control and Learning|
|Biomechanics of Sport|
|Theory and Application of Strength Training and Conditioning for Fitness Professionals|
|Sports Performance Training|
|Introduction to Leadership and Group Dynamics|
For more information and to obtain an application, please contact Dr. Sherry Salyer.
See program page here for special opportunities.